How To Register
Thank you for your interest in Third Street!
Registration is on a rolling basis until classes and instructor schedules are filled.
TO REGISTER, please review the course catalog, choose times that work for you, complete our fillable registration form, and submit them by email, mail, fax, or in person to student services along with initial deposit, listed below.
- New students age 6 and under or all students with previous experience are invited to schedule a placement appointment with a Department Chairperson to discuss instructors and courses of study.
- New students over the age of 6 and without previous experience are welcome to enroll without a placement appointment. Student Services will identify an appropriate instructor based on availability and area of interest.
- Returning students should consult with their current instructor to set a lesson length and time for the new academic year.
- Students interested in group instruction will be placed by Student Services or their Department Chairperson into the appropriate class according to age, availability and skill level.
Note that all deposits must be paid in full before your course begins. All classes include a one-time additional $60 registration fee, with the exception of preschool.
- Individual/Partner Lessons: $400
- Group Lessons, Classes & Ensembles (Students under the age of 18): 50% of tuition
- Group Lessons, Classes & Ensembles (Students over the age of 18): Fee for first session
- Flex Pass: Due in full
- Third Street Preschool: Toddlers, $2,000 Half-Day & Full-day Fours, $5,000
Families receiving need-based financial aid may arrange for a smaller deposit. Third Street also offers a 5-month payment plan for a fee of $25 and installments are billed automatically on September 15, October 15, November 15, December 15 and January 15 of the academic year.
We accept cash, check, money order or credit card. Please download and complete the fillable registration form, and send with the appropriate fees by your preferred method below:
- Mail: send a check or money order payable to Third Street Music School to 235 East 11th Street, New York, NY 10003
- Phone: Call 212.777.3240, ext. 17 with your credit card information
- Email: Send your completed forms to [email protected]
- Fax: Send your forms to 212.477.1808
- In person: Bring your completed forms and payment to our first-floor reception desk
Need some guidance on your next step? Contact us!
Registration Forms and Calendars
- Teaching Calendar (2017 - 2018)
- Course Catalog (2017-18)
- Course Schedule (2017-18)
- Suzuki Repertoire Schedule (2017-18)
- Preschool Calendar (2017 - 2018)
- School Year Registration Form (2017-18)
- Price Guide (2017-18)
- Concerts and Events Calendar
- Summer Registration Form (2018)
Student and Parent Handbooks & Forms
Question? Email or call Student Services at 212.777.3240, x17.